MPx Lightweight Crank Pulley 08-09 Caliber SRT4
Introducing the MPx Dodge Caliber SRT4 Lightweight crank pulley.
- Improves throttle response and peppiness!
- Will NOT AFFECT your cars AC/Power Steering/Alternator
- Uses the factory belt
- Can be installed in less than 30-45 minutes with only simple hand tools
- It costs just about $150 ! We have designed a lightweight pulley that replaces the factory crankshaft pulley and shaves off 2.8 lbs off of the rotating mass of your crankshaft assembly! This might not sound like much, but nearly 3 lbs off of the spinning mass of your crankshaft makes a considerable difference, and improves your cars throttle response dramatically. Your Caliber SRT4 will be much more peppy and responsive in ALL GEARS ! This pulley has the exact same diameter as the factory pulley so you can use the factory belt!
- After installing this pulley you there will be no drop in performance
from your power steering, air conditioning or the alternator! Because there is only one bolt holding the pulley to the crankshaft, it slides on and off easily, and because you reuse the factory belt installation is a BREEZE! Our mechanics installed this pulley in less than 20 minutes
on our project Caliber SRT4!
- By installing the MPx pulley you will shave 2.8 lbs off of the rotating mass on your crankshaft which is substantial! For those of you who are curious where the crankshaft pulley is located – its on the passenger side of the car and is easily reached after removing a plastic splash shield behind the passenger wheel. FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- Ive seen another pulley that was lighter, why is your pulley heavier than brand X’s pulley? Good question. We designed our pulley to have a stainless steel center, just like the factory piece for superior strength(our competitors use a
aluminum pulley which will wear every time you remove or install it!)
- Is the Caliber SRT4’s motor balanced by the crankshaft pulley like on some V8’s? No, its not, the crankshaft pulley is only used to drive the accesories.
Furthermore, the Caliber SRT4 has balanceshafts (miniature crankshafts with weights that spin in relation to the crankshaft to counterbalance the large 4
cylinder motor.) that are attached onto the motor to help balance the motor.
- Will I see a horsepower gain with this piece ? You may see a small gain, somewhere between 5-7 horsepower, possibly even more, but you’ll mainly see a nice increase in throttle response and peppiness.
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 8 in|